Saturday, September 17, 2011

Four times is four times too many!

Jeremy is deployed... again. This is number 4. And the anxiety and sadness is just as bad. But thankfully this is a short one. He will be home much sooner and we will FINALLY be a family again. I cannot wait. Before he left we agreed that we are both so happy with the place we are at. He is really trying to change the things he needs to, to make us better and so am I. We both acknowledge our efforts and keep each other going. I think this is the strongest we have EVER been.

Last weekend we met halfway for a night and it was so much fun. Our hotel had an indoor pool and Remington loved every moment of it. It was so needed and perfect for all three of us. Jeremy and I held each other so tight as we said goodbye. I knew in that moment that we were good. That we were right where we need to be again. That we were a family. He told me it scares him that he almost lost me. And truth be told, it scares me too. I don't know how I would have moved on and I am so thankful that I didn't have to.

I don't really have much to update. Work is going good. It is a very challenging job, but I must admit to loving it most days. These kids have opened my eyes to a whole new world. I love all of the experience, knowledge and memories I am gaining from all of this. The Lord has a reason for all he does and I try to remember that and stay grateful for this, even though it caused so much pain. I am a new person with a new outlook on life... all because of this. I can't wait to see what OUR future holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment